The Local 888 Pension Plan helps provide security during your retirement years. Eligibility for Pension Benefits is based on Full-Time or Part-Time status, length of service and other factors.
We suggest that members considering retirement, contact the Pension Department six (6) months to one (1) year in advance to ensure that all records are up-to-date and to ensure adequate time to process necessary forms.
The Fund Office also needs a copy of the following documents:
- Birth certificate; If you don’t have a copy of your birth certificate, the Fund will accept one of the following documents
- U. S. Passport;
- Certificate of Citizenship;
- Insurance policy over a period five (5) years;
- Certified school records;
- Hospital birth records;
- Certificate of baptism as an infant;
- Certificate of U.S. Armed Service;
- Social Security records; or
- Certified church records
- Beneficiary birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate or divorce decreed; and
- Spouse death certificate (if deceased).
Should you have any questions in reference to this information or your eligibility, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-223-1503, ask for the Pension department.